ON HIS OWN
The photographic series entitled “On His Own” shows a human as an individual, as a loner in a big space that surrounds them. The purpose of this series is to draw attention to the fact of being alone, just with one’s own self. Very often, the viewiers blame photographers for showing the sad picture of loneliness. I show this loneliness as something peculiar, something entirely human. Because every one of us, whether lonely or living in a happy relationship and having their own family, every one needs their moment of loneliness, the moment of devoting attention to just their own self, their own thoughts and reflections. We live in the world of tremendous acceleration and the constant quest for our purposes, in the world where there is no place for the proverbial “minute for one’s own self”, for the time when you could stop, talk to your own thoughts and feel the desirable harmony. From minute to minute, we outlive our lives and get lost in this rush. Would it be worth to stop and look deep in our hearts? The purity of form, with the minimalistic exposure of a human profile, is a deliberate measure of the photographic aesthetics. Without any unnecessary additions, in pure simplicity, form and content indicate the man’s separation as an individual in their private emotional space. The photographs of “On His Own” series are an attempt of showing the beauty that can be seen in the vein of minimalism.
Just alone, not lonely.
– shortlist ALFRED FRIED PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD 2017
– finalist ARTYSTYCZNA PODRÓŻ HESTII 2016
– shortlist LEICA OSKAR BARNACK AWARD 2015
– distinction TIFF Festival / DEBIUTY 2015
– distinction PROJEKT PRZETWÓRNIA
– 2019 - SOLILOKWIUM, solo exhibition, Art Pavilon ERGO Hestia, WARSAW / POLAND
– 2019 - #SHOWMEYOUTUFO, group exhibition, Riga Photomontg, RIGA / LATVIA
– 2018 - ALFRED FRIED PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, group exhibition, Austrian Cultural Forum Rome, ROME / ITALY
– 2018 - À LA FLAMANDE 3, Propaganda Galley, group exhibition. Warsaw/Poland
– 2017 - IMAGENATION, International Photo Expo - group exhibition. Paris/France
– 2017 - NUCLEUS, Noorderlicht Photofestival, #showmeyourufo - group exhibition. Groningen / Netherlands
– 2017 - UFO Visual Lab, Krakow Photomonth - group exhibition. Kraków / Poland
– 2016 - ON HIS OWN - solo exhibition, Gliwice Museum, Czytelnia Sztuki, Gliwice/Poland
– 2016 - Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw - Artystyczna Podróż Hestii in Warsaw/Poland
– 2016 - ON HIS OWN - individual exhibition, Gallery 5 in Katowice/Poland
– 2015 - XII INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF PHOTOGRAPHY in Rybnik/Poland
– 2015 - HOUSE OF CULTURE in Knurów/Poland
LIMITED PRINTS AVAILABLE:
signed / numbered / certificate of authenticity.
Printed on hi-quality museum archival paper